What is an open and closed end connector?

Published 10 December 2015 in

There are two types of tyre valve connector. It is therefore important to specify whether a closed or open end type is required.

Closed End – used when air is supplied directly from a main air line (i.e. compressor or air receiver). A non-return valve unseats on connection to the tyre’s valve allowing air to flow into the tyre.

Open End – used with PCL MK3 tyre inflators, ACCURA tyre inflators and portable gauges. This connector has a pin which unseats the tyre’s valve when in use.